One of the most popular services offered by Viceroy Riviera Maya on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula has to be their soap concierge. Promptly after check in, the soap concierge arrives complete with an array of five locally produced and hand-made soaps. Guests may choose their favourite fragrance or may choose to have a little of each, replenished during their stay! The selection of soaps available includes:
- Mint – Helps the circulatory system and it is a natural repellent
- Oatmeal – Moisturising and helps heal any skin wounds
- Lemongrass – Serves as an antioxidant
- Chocolate – Contains exfoliation, hydration and fortifying properties
- Rosemary – Helps relax the muscles as well as an antioxidant
These soaps are made for Viceroy Riviera Maya in a small town called Tikul on the Yucatan Peninsula by indigenous Mexican families. Many satisfied guests buy a soapy souvenir on their departure, available in the boutique at GBP50 (*USD80) for the whole bar/ slab weighing four pounds, or GBP5 (*USD8) per individual soap.
Contributor: Sue Lowry
Viceroy Riviera Maya is a client of Magellan PR. Follow on Twitter @ViceroyRM, become a fan on Facebook/ViceroyRM or visit http://www.viceroyrivieramaya.com.
Magellan PR is on twitter: @MagellanPR, on Facebook/MagellanPR, Flickr, Google + and Pinterest. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.
- ‘Yoga on the Pier’ at the stunning Viceroy Riviera Maya, Mexico (magellanstraits.com)
- Shaken not stirred: Magellan’s Cocktail List – Magnificently Mesmorizing Margherita! (magellanstraits.com)