With the Presidential Inauguration fresh in everyone’s minds, why not toast to President Barack Obama‘s second term with this patriotic and tasty little number – the Star-Spangled Banner from the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
• 45ml woodford reserve
• teaspoon of rhubarb bitters
• tablespoon of simple syrup
• tablespoon of lemon juice
• 3-4 pieces of strawberries
• In a shaker, muddle the strawberries.
• Add other ingredients along with ice.
• Shake well and strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
• Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!
- Shaken Not Stirred – A cool winter warmer! (magellanstraits.com)
- Shaken not Stirred – The ‘Brandy Alexander’ at The Fairmont San Francisco (magellanstraits.com)
- The Secrets Behind James Bond’s Expertly Crafted Cocktails… (magellanstraits.com)
Contributor: Alexandra Pinhorn
The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which is a client of Magellan PR. For more information, please visit www.fairmont.com, follow them on twitter @FairmontHotels or on Facebook/Fairmont Hotels. Their community website is www.everyonesanoriginal.com. Follow the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess on twitter @fairmontscotsdl and on Facebook/FairmontScottsdale.
Magellan PR is on Twitter: @MagellanPR / on Facebook: MagellanPR / on Pinterest: Sue Lowry / on Google+: Sue Lowry & MagellanPR and on Flickr: Sue Lowry. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.