For this episode of Shaken not Stirred we bring you another a modern classic the espresso martini. This espresso martini is just one of many coffee-flavoured martini recipes being made today. We like this one because it uses chilled espresso that gives that caffeinated kick you just can’t duplicate with coffee liqueurs.
To make this intense and creamy drink you will need:
- 50ml vanilla infused vodka (just steep a vanilla pod in vodka for a few weeks)
- 50ml Kahlua coffee liqueur
- a shoot of espresso
- 15ml sugar syrup
Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and mix well. Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with three coffee beans. Sit back and wait for the buzz!
Contributor: Alexandra Pinhorn Photography: Sue Lowry
Quarter Bar & Lounge and London Bridge Hotel are clients of Magellan PR. Follow them on Twitter: @Quarter_Bar and @LondBridgeHotel and become a fan on Facebook: QuarterBar and LondonBridgeHotel or visit www.londonbridgehotel.com.
Magellan PR is on twitter: @MagellanPR / on Facebook: MagellanPR / on Pinterest: Sue Lowry / on Google+: Sue Lowry & MagellanPR and on Flickr: Sue Lowry. For more information on our company, visit www.magellan-pr.com. Follow our other blog focussing on travel in the South of England – A3 Traveller.
- Shaken not stirred: A Singaporean Institution (magellanstraits.com)
- Shaken not Stirred: Santa’s Super Fruit Sling (magellanstraits.com)
- Interview with Carlo Pallone from Quarter Bar & Lounge (magellanstraits.com)
- Ancient Heritage: Southwark Cathedral (magellanstraits.com)